Start a new topic
Planned

Two small items

The following two small "cleanup" items would be greatly appreciated for 1.7:

1. Z-index and paint above all should not affect bring forward/send back/etc.

2. Using canvas navigation shortcuts should never select hidden/collapsed elements.

item #2 should be fixed in the latest beta (1.6.2), we did not have time for the other one so far.

ok, thanks for the clarification. For the first we only have to remove the check for z-index/paint above all, thats a nice one. I guess we forgot to check for hidden/collapsed cells for mentioned shortcuts, but I have to look more into the details.

Hi Felix, the arrange commands should work the same way regardless of what the properties of the cell are: they should move the selected cell up and down the cell list. Setting z-index or paint above all are overrides for the stacking order and should not be affected by nor affect the arrange commands. As for the second item, please note that cmd-down selects hidden/collapsed elements as well.
Hi Ben,

> 1. Z-index and paint above all should not affect bring forward/send back/etc.

Currently those actions are disabled if z-index ≠ 0 or Paint-above all is set. Would you like to change the z-index with those commands?

> 2. Using canvas navigation shortcuts should never select hidden/collapsed elements.

Definitely a bug, looks like shift-tab (select previous element) selects hidden and collapsed elements. I noted it for fixing ....

Thanks for the report!

Login or Signup to post a comment